Sunday, June 15, 2008
Orem Summerfest
Well, I just thought I'd share some of the fun we had yesterday. We headed up to Orem's Summerfest, their little city festival. It sounded like fun, carnival rides, booths, music, food, etc. Well, we had barely parked and gotten out of the car when I remembered that I left my hair-tie in the car and wanted to go back and get it. And of course, the one time I happen to not bring my keys, we realize that the doors are locked and Christian's keys are still in the ignition. Well, it didn't take long to get back in but it did cost 40 bucks. At least we got the student discount. Anyways, we then headed to the fair. We walked around, ate food that cost way too much and then decided to go on the "Zipper". Didn't sound scary but lets just say that I screamed a lot and felt really sick afterwards. Turns out that we didn't actually see what the ride was actually doing until we had gotten off and watched the next round. I decided that I probably wouldn't have gone if I had seen what it really did. Well, we waited awhile until I felt less sick and then went on the "Gravitron." I didn't want to go for fear of throwing up but Christian had never been on one before and didn't want to go by himself. Well, it was fun but I felt even more sick afterwards. We walked through a small but still well-stocked car show and had some ice cream that they freeze right in front of your eyes ( it tasted exactly like Dippin' Dots but without the pellet shape). We then went home but watched the fireworks from Rock Canyon Park in Provo later that night. Overall, a fun though somewhat sickening day in Utah Valley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment